At Marvellous we believe the secret to a successful project is teamwork – We’re a small, dynamic team with tons of experience that like to work closely with our clients. We’ve delivered hundreds of successful projects over the past 12 years for many businesses, brands and non-profits.
Alex is Lead Front-end Developer at Marvellous, and spends his time developing responsive, interactive and user-friendly websites.
He ensures our websites are easy to manage and maintain, and loves finding the most innovative and effective solution to any web-based challenge.
- WordPress / WooCommerce / Shopify
- Creating innovative web solutions
- Techo / Yorkshire Soap / BetterYou
- Six years in digital development
- BSc New Media
More about Alex
- Creator of Screening
- Loves 80s music and dad jokes
- Has an obsession with tea
Jess is our Account Manager and Copywriter.
She spends her days managing workflow, liaising with clients, and assisting with all sorts of Digital Marketing and Copywriting. She’s always on hand to proofread and edit docs, populate content, and helps research and provide eCommerce solutions for our clients.
- Project management
- Levi’s / Leeds Brewery / Ghost Brew Co
- Feature writer for Independent Leeds
- BA Hons English Lit and Journalism
More about Jess
- Bullet journal enthusiast
- Wannabe dog mama
- Would rather be in Middle Earth
Klaudia designs fabulous eCommerce and brochure websites. As our go-to gal for all things UX, she’s all about making a site not only look great, but also work around the user. She’s our in-house illustrator and loves creating hand-illustrated brand characters, as well as fun social assets.
Klaudia is skilled in motion graphics and animation, and thanks to her experience in front-end development, she knows the best practises and limitations of code.
Whilst doing all that, Klaudia also curates our design portfolio Instagram, @DesignByMarvellous, and writes blogs on design and illustration.
- Web design
- User Experience
- MA New Media (with Distinction)
- Has drawn every day for 10 years
- BetterYou UX and design
More about Klaudia
- Adores drawing and dogs
- Loves Korean culture
- Lived in a forest for a month, as a Scout
Mark is a key part of the development team, helping to ensure our websites are built with perfectly structured code, and work like a dream.
- HTML / CSS
- WordPress Integration
- Creator of SolveTheCube
- Front-end and Back-end Development
- BSc Computer Science
More about Mark
- Half Chilean
- Has lived in France
- Rubik's Cube PB 17.24s
Matt has integrated every Magento site we’ve ever built. He has 20 years experience in development, and his vast eCommerce knowledge spans Magento development, integration, extensions, support, requirement gathering, solution design, performance improvement, and product imports.
Matt’s expertise is understanding the unique demands of modern retail; developing customer friendly solutions to fit client requirements.
- Magento development (Magento 2 qualified)
- eCommerce and retail systems
- Requirement gathering / business analysis
- Six years working with Magento
- Comet, Republic Retail & USC
- Extensive digital agency experience
More about Matt
- Was in a rock and roll cover band
- Travelled the world, twice
- Loves Iron Maiden
Phil works with Rich and Simon looking after new business leads. With many years of experience client-side, managing large eCommerce websites and digital marketing teams, he offers a different perspective to things that helps us really understand our client’s needs.
Over the years he’s done pretty much every job within an eCommerce business unit (but he’s not a developer). This means he can also work as a consultant in-house to help define the strategy, plus develop team structures and processes to deliver continued growth.
- Strategy and team management
- User Experience
- Outside the box thinking
- Richer Sounds, Vertbaudet and Damart
More about Phil
- Makes awesome beats in his home studio
- 3 marathons + 7 Great North Runs, £12k raised
- Has a metal arm that warns of snow forecasts
Rich has spent 17 years in the digital industry, providing strategic digital consultancy for both high-profile brands and independents alike. Rich manages and consults on complex, bespoke jobs, and creates full functional and technical specification documents for full digital transformation projects.
As Managing Director of Marvellous, Rich has in-depth experience in team management, using his experience in business management to fuel his consultancy on digital growth. Above all, Rich understands the challenges of delivering Digital Transformation – from board-level to hands-on digital team management; he is responsible for delivering many projects with proven results.
- Agile project management
- Client services director
- Digital transformation and consultancy
- BBC / Nestlé / Rowntree
- Freeserve / ABP
More about Rich
- Father of 3 boys, all under 8
- Loves cooking and gardening
- Best dancer award 1982
Sarah has a wealth of experience in Account Management and Social Media Marketing; namely increasing conversions, through marketing and account managing additional site functionality / design.
Sarah is well versed in digital research and analytics, allowing for strategic planning and development for brochure and eCommerce sites alike. She is proficient in Project Management, and manages our weekly production scrum and schedule. She also looks after our Marvellous LinkedIn account, and is constantly on the lookout for new industry trends.
- Social media marketing
- eCommerce management
- Content strategy
- BA Hons Journalism
- Content creation for Sky Sports
- Social media for Crabbies & Lamb's Navy Rum
More about Sarah
- Dog obsessed
- Avid Boro fan
- A Level in Archeology
Since designing his first graphics for a computer game in 1981, Simon has been obsessed with design, and has worked with clients as diverse as Dunlop through to Disney, on various creative digital projects.
Simon co-founded Marvellous in 2005, with the aim of building a dynamic digital agency – combining the latest technology with cutting-edge visual design. A keen exponent of focusing on users first and foremost, he believes design thinking can be used to improve any business or organisation.
- Digital Design / eCommerce
- User Experience
- Cheesestrings / Argos / BBC / Bodyshop
- Disney / Rowntrees / Nestlé / Republic
- Design Week Award Winner
More about Simon
- Adventure Time & Nintendo obsessive
- Lego Master Builder
- Coast-to-coast cyclist / BMX Freestyle Champion
Our mission is to build awesome, business-savvy digital things – be that a website, mobile app, branding, digital platform or helping with a full digital transformation project. We’re always up for a challenge and love meeting new clients.