An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven Magento developer to join our Marvellous team. If you are an experienced Magento developer who gets a kick out of delivering forward-thinking solutions, or a middleweight developer looking to step into a challenging role that produces eCommerce solutions that benefit the end-user, you sound like our kind of person.
Based slap-bang in the heart of Leeds, we’re an established, award-winning digital agency that has spent the past 12 years creating progressive and user-friendly eCommerce projects. The Marvellous culture is built on teamwork; we work in a relaxed environment that allows our staff to shine. Our tight-knit, savvy team consistently deliver the best work using in-depth research, cutting-edge design, and expertly crafted development and DevOps solutions.
We know that people thrive best when they love where they work. From skill development programs to a big discount scheme (which includes a free monthly coffee and mobile insurance, plus discounts at Apple, Odeon, Nike, and more), as well as monthly team lunches (join the Thai / Sushi / Italian debate!) – who doesn’t love being rewarded for their hard work?
- 2-3 years experience minimum
- In-depth commercial experience with Magento 1.9 and above (Community Edition)
- Experience with Magento 2
- Well versed in Git
- PHP and MySQL skills
- Experience working in process-driven environment
- Strong communication skills
- An appetite for personal development and an interest in the state and shape of the industry
- Ability to show that you are always thinking about our mission: user and client happiness
- User experience and accessibility needs to be a big interest
- Great sense of humour and creative flair
- Magento 1 certification
- Experience of Magento Enterprise Edition and/or Magento 2
- Experience with unit testing frameworks
- Experience of caching solutions e.g. Redis, Memcache
- Commercial experience of systems integration via SOAP, REST, file transfer etc.
- Experience with deployment workflows
- Experience of SASS
- Team player who enjoys working in a creative digital studio
- Assisting the team with project scoping
- Problem-solving issues on existing sites
- Client liaison
- Working closely with Account Managers and Designers to effectively deliver projects
- Mentoring and collaborating with members of the team
- Improve solutions and processes
- Interpreting and helping to write requirement briefs, specifications, wireframes and designs
- Build bespoke modules or advise on off-the-shelf solutions to meet technical requirements
The boring but important stuff
- <li”>We would need a full time human
- Working hours are Monday to Friday, 08:30-17:00 with 1 hours lunch break. (Once your probation is over, you’ll have a bit more flexibility)
- £40k – £45k+ salary depending on experience
- 20 days holiday (not including bank holidays, we love bank holidays) that increases every year until you reach 25 days
- Other unique Marvellous perks!